To register / INFORMATION
2021-22 Recreation Basketball
REGISTRATION BEGINS FRIDAY, October 1st
- RECREATION PRACTICES BEGIN 12/6 (NO PRACTICE WEEK OF 12/27)
- RECREATION GAMES BEGIN WEEK OF 1/10
- PLAYOFFS BEGIN 2/28
- EARLY REGISTRATION FEE: $110 (UNTIL 11/2)
- REGULAR REGISTRATION: $135 (STARTS 11/3)
RECREATION LEAGUE: KINDERGARTEN CLINIC THRU 8TH GRADE
- MUST BE 5 BY OCTOBER 1ST
HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE (GRADES 9-12)
- GAMES BEGIN WEEK OF 1/10 (NO PRACTICES)
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Please use the link below to register your player.
HYAA IS NOT AN AFFILATE OF THE HOLMDEL BOARD OF EDUCATION
HYAA 3rd GRADE BOYS TRAVEL BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
HYAA will be conducting a tryout for the Boys 3rd grade travel basketball team. As HYAA travel teams are highly competitive, there will need to be some cuts as part of the evaluation process and there is no guaranteed playing time. HYAA has a recreation program which is geared towards the less competitive player. Exceptional 2nd grade boys can try out for the Boys 3rd grade teams (1-2 are sometimes selected).
The schedule for the tryouts is Monday, October 18th and Wednesday, October 20th from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Village School New (large) Gym. We are asking for everyone interested in signing up to register on TeamSnap by Friday, October 15th. Please go on the HYAA website basketball to register (www.hyaa.org).
Please complete the required tryout registration form by Friday, October 15th. Online form link is on our website www.HYAA.org
- Each tryout will consist of two 60 minute sessions.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to participate in both days of the tryout.
- B teams, if formed, will be picked based upon the 2 sessions (not separate tryouts).
- Players should arrive 15 minutes before the start time to warm up.
- Players must wear an HYAA Recreation Jersey or another jersey with a number on it so that players can be quickly and easily identified (make sure the boys/girls wear the same jersey and number you entered on the registration form).
- Parents who want to watch the tryout are asked to sit in the bleachers and refrain from cheering and coaching the players during the tryout.
- Selection is based upon several factors that include dribbling, speed, agility, shooting, teamwork, "coachability', defensive skills, as well as overall basketball acumen.
- If you have any questions, please contact the HYAA office at 1-732-946-6799
- Team selections are made by 1 or 2 independent evaluators (commissioners) in tandem with the coach (if known). If the coach is not yet known, then the selection will be made solely by the independent evaluators.
HYAA is not an affiliate of the Holmdel Board of Education
2021 Calendar of Events
Injury Report Form
In case of an injury sustained during an HYAA event, please print and complete the Injury Report Form and return it to the HYAA office. Please complete all relevant parts of the form.
HYAA Basketball Gym Locations
Indian Hill Old
Indian Hill New
High School Main
High School New
2021-22 Travel Basketball Schedule (Fall)
Forms / Information
- Travel Team Coach Application (PDF)
- Tournament Team Policy-HYAA tournament basketball teams are formed every year
Travel Team Player Play-Up Policy
The HYAA basketball commissioners strongly encourage players to stay with their grade and age. However, if a player is dominant within their grade and age, the parents can request that the player be allowed to tryout for the next higher grade. The commissioners have sole discretion is determining whether the player will be permitted to play-up. If you have an interest in having your son or daughter play-up, please submit your travel play-up application to Sean O'Connor firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17th for consideration.
* OPEN time slots accommodate conflicts where teams lose their normal times. For more information or questions, please contact the HYAA office at 732-946-6799.