To register / INFORMATION
2021-22 Travel Basketball Tryout Schedule
**All tryouts are held in Village New Gym**
Tryouts cancelled for tonight (Friday 6/4) due to power outage at Village
Rescheduled for Wednesday 6/9 see schedule below
2021 Calendar of Events
Injury Report Form
In case of an injury sustained during an HYAA event, please print and complete the Injury Report Form and return it to the HYAA office. Please complete all relevant parts of the form.
HYAA Basketball Gym Locations
Indian Hill Old
Indian Hill New
High School Main
High School New
2021-22 TRAVEL BASKETBALL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
HYAA will be conducting travel basketball team tryouts for Girls 4th thru 8th grades and Boys 4th thru 8th grades. As HYAA travel teams are highly competitive, there will need to be some cuts as part of the evaluation process and there is no guaranteed playing time. HYAA has a recreation program which is geared towards the less competitive player.
Exceptional 3rd grade girls can try out for the Girls 4th grade team (2-3 are sometimes selected).
Boys Rising 3rd Grade tryouts will be conducted in September 2021, registration is not required at this time.
The schedule and registration link for the tryouts is posted on the website.
- Please complete the required tryout registration form by Friday May 21st. Online form link is on website. HYAA.org
- Each tryout will consist of two 60 minute sessions.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to participate in both days of the tryout.
- B teams, if formed, will be picked based upon the 2 sessions (not separate tryouts).
- Players should arrive 15 minutes before the start time to warm up.
- Players must wear an HYAA Recreation Jersey or another jersey with a number on it so that players can be quickly and easily identified (make sure the boys/girls wear the same jersey and number you entered on the registration form).
- Due to COVID restrictions and requirements, Parents will not be permitted inside the gym/school during the tryouts. Parents will be required to wait outside the school building through the tryout. Only Commissioners, Coaches and players will be permitted inside.
- Selection is based upon several factors that include dribbling, speed, agility, shooting, teamwork, "coachability', defensive skills, as well as overall basketball acumen.
- If you have any questions, please contact the HYAA office at 732-946-6799
- Team selections are made by 1 or 2 independent evaluators (commissioners) in tandem with the coach (if known). If the coach is not yet known, then the selection will be made solely by the independent evaluators.
HYAA is not an affiliate of the Holmdel Board of Education
Forms / Information
- Travel Team Coach Application (PDF)
- Tournament Team Policy-HYAA tournament basketball teams are formed every year
Travel Team Player Play-Up Policy
The HYAA basketball commissioners strongly encourage players to stay with their grade and age. However, if a player is dominant within their grade and age, the parents can request that the player be allowed to tryout for the next higher grade. The commissioners have sole discretion is determining whether the player will be permitted to play-up. If you have an interest in having your son or daughter play-up, please submit your travel play-up application to Sean O'Connor firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17th for consideration.
* OPEN time slots accommodate conflicts where teams lose their normal times. For more information or questions, please contact the HYAA office at 732-946-6799.